Ripple or XRP (XRP/USDT – Trade it here), formerly known as OpenCoin, provides a faster and efficient solution to global payments for payment providers and digital asset exchanges. RippleNet, its native payment network, is built on top of a ledger database called XRP Ledger to approach the goal: build a world without economic borders and unlock economic opportunities for everywhere, everyone based on the concept of blockchain and decentralization.
Core Features of Ripple Project
The core features below paves the way for three main use cases of the Ripple network: cross-Border payments, digital asset sourcing, and Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) implementation.
- Simplified Payments. It frees up working capital and asset management. Pre-funding requirements are eliminated and the platform provides flexible repayment terms to unlock trapped capital.
- Lower Cost. Pre-negotiated FX and payout fees provide customers with competitive last-mile payment rates.
- Faster Payments and Efficiency. Real-time settlement speeds up delivery regardless of funding source or destination.
- Expanded Access. One seamless integration enables easy access and connection to new payout regions through premier receivers.
- Sustainability. Ripple committed to sustainable innovation by using the carbon-neutral XRP Ledger, which uses a unique consensus mechanism that consumes negligible energy.
- Stability, Security, and Resilience. XRP Ledger’s proven technology enables consistent standards, privacy, and security.
Ripple (XRP) Ecosystem
Ripple provides developers with tools and platforms to build on the XRP Ledger (XRPL), which is one of the main innovations of Ripple.
The XRP Ledger (XRPL)
The XRP Ledger (XRPL) and its native digital asset XRP were designed for superior speed, low cost, scalability, and sustainability. These characteristics allow developers and entrepreneurs to seamlessly transform existing applications and unlock entirely new user experiences across payments, DeFi, NFTs, identity, foreign exchange, tokenization, DEX, and more.
RIppleNet is built on top of the XRPL and serves the function as a payment and exchange network. While RippleNet does not need XRP to function, it is still an important part of the Ripple ecosystem.
RippleNet offers three main products including xRapid, xCurrent, and xVia. In short, xRapid is a solution to provide liquidity that allows companies to conveniently swap between different fiat currencies using XRP as a global bridge currency. xCurrent enables banks to deliver cross-border instant settlement with end-to-end tracking technology. xVia provides payments tracking, data transfer for banks and payment providers within a single framework. This 3-product suite largely facilitates payment and exchange and approaches the goal of Ripple.
XRP is the native token of the XRP Ledger. The very first ledger contained 100 billion XRP, and the number is set as the maximum amount of XRP.
Instead of being a DeFi coin, XRP is more of an intermediary cryptocurrency that mainly serves the purpose of facilitating the network. XRP serves two main functions as follows:
- XRP is a bridge currency. it can be sent directly from any XRP Ledger address to any other. It helps optimize multiple fiat-currencies swaps and exchanges by serving as the intermediary with much lower transaction costs.
- Ripple is also a preventive measure against network spamming. A certain amount of XRP is needed for all XRPL addresses to maintain the ledger.
How to buy XRP?
You can buy XRP on MEXC following the steps:
2. Search “XRP” using the search bar to see the available trading pairs. Take XRP/USDT as an example.
3. Scroll down and go to the [Spot] box. Enter the amount of XRP you want to buy. You can choose from opening a Limit order, a Market order or a Stop-limit order. Take Market order as an example. Click [Buy XRP] to confirm your order. You will find the purchased XRP in your Spot Wallet.
Interested in crypto like XRP?
MEXC lists moonshot and provides access to trading of major crypto coins like Ripple, keep an eye on our listings in Innovation and Assessment zones, as well as major tokens in the Main Zone – we have more great projects to come! Also, visit the hot projects section to find more hot tokes that were listed already. If you would like to know more about crypto trading itself visit MEXC Academy.
Start your crypto trading journey with MEXC Global Exchange
The content of this webpage is not investment advice and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to offer or recommendation of any investment product. It is for general purposes only and does not take into account your individual needs, investment objectives, and specific financial circumstances. Investment involves risk.
Please note that the information and data above are cited from third-party sources & whitepapers and do not represent MEXC. Please refer to direct sources for more details. This is not financial advice and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to offer or recommend any investment product. It is for general purposes only and does not take into account your individual needs, investment objectives, and specific financial circumstances. Investment involves risk.
This disclaimer informs readers that the MEXC Creator’s content, views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the articles belong solely to the creators and authors, and not to MEXC Global itself. MEXC Global doesn’t give any investment recommendations or advice.