Avalanche or AVAX (AVAX/USDT – Trade it here) – is a scalable and secure blockchain platform. It aims at building application-specific private and public deployments, launching scalable decentralized applications (dApps) and smart assets.
Core Features of AVAX
- Scalable. Avalanche is designed to be massively scalable, robust, and efficient. The core consensus engine is able to support a global network of potentially hundreds of millions of internet-connected, low and high25 powered devices that operate seamlessly, with low latencies and very high transactions per second.
- Secure. Avalanche is designed to be robust and achieve high security. Classical consensus protocols are designed to withstand up to f attackers, and fail completely when faced with an attacker of size f + 1 or larger, and Nakamoto consensus provides no security when 51% of the miners are Byzantine. In contrast, Avalanche provides a very strong guarantee of safety when the attacker is below a certain threshold, which can be parametrized by the system designer, and it provides graceful degradation when the attacker exceeds this threshold. It can uphold safety (but not liveness) guarantees even when the attacker exceeds 51%. It is the first permissionless system to provide such strong security guarantees.
- Decentralized. Avalanche is designed to provide unprecedented decentralization. This implies a commitment to multiple client implementations and no centralized control of any kind. The ecosystem is designed to avoid divisions between classes of users with different interests. Crucially, there is no distinction between miners, developers, and users. Governable and Democratic AVAX is a highly inclusive platform, which enables anyone to connect to its network and participate in validation and first-hand governance. Any token holder can have a vote in selecting key financial parameters and in choosing how the system evolves.
- Interoperable and Flexible. Avalanche is designed to be a universal and flexible infrastructure for a multitude of blockchains/assets, where the base AVAX is used for security and as a unit of account for exchange. The system is intended to support, in a value-neutral fashion, many blockchains to be built on top. The platform is designed from the ground up to make it easy to port existing blockchains onto it, to import balances, to support multiple scripting languages and virtual machines, and to meaningfully support multiple deployment scenarios.
The Avalanche ecosystem provides a diverse set of blockchain experiences for both developers and end-users. With infrastructures and bridges built on top of Avalanche such as Avalanche Bridge, the platform provides developers with easy ways to transfer data, assets and information across chains.
Within the ecosystem, users can access DEX such as Sushiswap to trade and yield optimizers like Snowball which combine multiple DeFi protocols. Users are also welcomed to manage their portfolio with wallets and dashboard tools and enhance their dApps experience on the blockchain. Avalanche, based on its scalability and security, also fosters its NFT community and provides platforms for NFT projects and related smart contracts.
AVAX is the native token of the Avalanche platform. It has a capped-supply of 720,000,000 (720M) tokens. It is used to:
- Secure the network through staking and incentives to earn more tokens，
- Pay for fees such as transaction costs，
- Provide a basic unit of account between the multiple subnetworks created on the Avalanche platform.
How to buy AVAX?
You can buy AVAX on MEXC following the steps:
2. Search “AVAX” using the search bar to see the available trading pairs. Take AVAX/USDT as an example.
3. Scroll down and go to the [Spot] box. Enter the amount of AVAX you want to buy. You can choose from opening a Limit order, a Market order or a Stop-limit order. Take Market order as an example. Click [Buy AVAX] to confirm your order. You will find the purchased AVAX in your Spot Wallet.
Start your travel on MEXC Global